Data-driven agent-based modelling of incentives for carbon sequestration: The case of sown biodiverse pastures in Portugal.
- We developed an agent-based model for agricultural land use for Portugal.
- Agents' decision was modelled only through machine learning algorithms.
- Payments for ecosystem services increased adoption of sown biodiverse pastures.
- In the absence of payments, post-project adoption would have been higher.
- This data-driven approach is promising for land use policy assessment.